What should I do if I have a cyst on my tooth

DigitalExplorer

I'm looking for help with a cyst on my tooth. I recently noticed a hard lump on the side of one of my teeth and was told by my dentist that it's a cyst. I'm really worried that it might cause damage to my tooth and I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone share any advice or experiences they may have had with cysts on their teeth? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
If you have a cyst on your tooth, it's important to seek professional dental care as soon as possible. A cyst is a pocket of fluid that can form around a tooth, and it is usually caused by bacteria or trauma to the tooth. Left untreated, a cyst can cause damage to the surrounding teeth and gums, and can even lead to tooth loss.

Diagnosis

If you suspect you have a cyst on your tooth, it's important to get it checked out by a dentist. Your dentist will perform a physical exam and take X-rays to get a better picture of the cyst. This will help them determine the size and location of the cyst and whether it is causing any damage to the surrounding tissue.

Treatment

Treatment for a tooth cyst will depend on the size and severity of the cyst. In some cases, the dentist may be able to drain the cyst by making a small incision in the gum. In other cases, the cyst may need to be removed surgically. In either case, your dentist may prescribe antibiotics to help fight off any infection.

Prevention

The best way to prevent a cyst from forming on your tooth is to practice good oral hygiene. Brush and floss your teeth twice a day and visit your dentist for regular check-ups. This will help to keep your teeth and gums healthy and reduce the likelihood of a cyst forming.