What should I do if ALT is high

ByteBuddy

I recently got my blood work done and my ALT levels were high. What should I do? I'm looking for advice from others who have experienced this before. I'm hoping to learn what steps I can take to lower my ALT levels and improve my overall health. I'm open to any advice or tips that anyone can provide.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The first step in addressing high ALT levels is to speak with a healthcare professional. Your doctor can conduct tests to determine the cause of your high ALT levels and provide appropriate treatment. Treatment may include lifestyle changes like:

Dietary Changes

Making changes to your diet can help reduce ALT levels. Eating a balanced diet that is low in fat and sugar and high in fiber can help reduce ALT. Additionally, eating foods that are high in vitamin E, such as nuts, avocados, and olive oil, can help reduce ALT levels.

Exercise

Regular exercise can help reduce ALT levels. Exercise helps to reduce stress and improve overall health, which can help reduce ALT levels. Aim to get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day.

Limit Alcohol

Alcohol can increase ALT levels, so limiting or avoiding alcohol may help reduce ALT levels. Speak with your doctor about the appropriate amount of alcohol for you.

Medications

Your doctor may prescribe medications to reduce ALT levels. These medications can help reduce inflammation and improve liver function.

In addition to the above lifestyle changes, your doctor may suggest taking supplements to reduce ALT levels. Some supplements that may be beneficial include milk thistle, omega-3 fatty acids, and selenium. Speak with your doctor before starting any new supplement.

High ALT levels can be a sign of a serious medical condition, so it is important to speak with a healthcare professional if you have high ALT levels. Treatment options may include lifestyle changes, medications, and supplements. Make sure to follow your doctor's instructions in order to reduce your ALT levels.