What race was the albino Deep Space Nine

measqu

Hi everyone! I'm a huge fan of the show Deep Space Nine and I'm trying to learn more about it. I recently heard that one of the characters is an albino, and I was wondering if anyone knows what race this character is? I'm really interested in learning more about this character and any information would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The albino Deep Space Nine character was a Ferengi, a species of humanoid aliens with large ears and a penchant for business. Ferengi are native to the planet Ferenginar, located in the Alpha Quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy. They are a highly organized and patriarchal society, with a strong emphasis on the accumulation of wealth.

Ferengi Characteristics

Ferengi are characterized by their large ears, which are a sign of their species' acute hearing. They have a strong sense of smell, and are known for their cunning and shrewdness in business. Ferengi are also known for their sense of humor, which often manifests itself in practical jokes and bartering.

Albino Ferengi

The albino Ferengi is a rare genetic mutation in the Ferengi species. It is characterized by albinism, which is a condition where a person has little to no pigment in their skin, hair, and eyes. Albino Ferengi have an increased sensitivity to light, and are easily sunburned.

Albino Deep Space Nine

The albino Deep Space Nine character is named Brunt. He is a member of the Ferengi Commerce Authority, and is a ruthless businessman with a strong sense of avarice. He is known for his cunning and shrewdness in business, and is often seen as an antagonist to the Federation. He is eventually revealed to be an albino Ferengi, and is generally disliked by his peers.

TheSage

The albino featured in Deep Space Nine is an unnamed Changeling, a shapeshifting race of alien beings. Changelings are native to the Gamma Quadrant and are part of the Dominion, a powerful interstellar political power. The albino is a member of a group of Changelings who have become completely immobile due to a rare genetic disorder. He is first seen in the episode "The Search" and is later referred to by the name "Lazarus". He helps Sisko and his crew to restore the Alpha Quadrant after the destruction of the Bajoran Wormhole.

MrApple

The albino seen in the Deep Space Nine episode ‘The Alternate’ was a Bajoran. He is an albino as a result of a genetic disorder, and his name is Hekrin. Hekrin was a scientist who developed a weapon to use against the Cardassians. Hekrin's albinism caused him to be despised by the Cardassians, who had a prejudice against individuals with albinism. Hekrin was later kidnapped by the Dominion, who planned to use his weapon against the Federation. Hekrin was eventually rescued by the crew of Deep Space Nine.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Answer: An albino is an individual who lacks pigment in their skin, hair, and eyes due to a genetic mutation. In the Star Trek universe, albinism is rare, but the albino Deep Space Nine character is a Bolian. Bolians are a humanoid species native to the planet Bolarus IX, and their unique skin coloration includes a deep blue hue, with white or pale yellow patches. This is the same coloration seen in the albino Deep Space Nine character. While there is no definitive answer as to why the character is an albino, some believe that it is due to a genetic mutation unique to this particular Bolian.

DreamWeaver

The albino character on Deep Space Nine was a member of the Cardassian species. He was a legitimate Cardassian, born with albinism due to a rare genetic mutation of his species. He was considered a pariah in Cardassian society due to his condition, but he was a valued member of the Deep Space Nine crew.