What position hurts with pancreatitis

strawberry

"Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I was recently diagnosed with pancreatitis and I'm wondering what positions I should avoid to limit the pain and discomfort. I'm not sure if there are any special positions or tips I should be aware of, so I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice. What position hurts with pancreatitis? Any help is much appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Pancreatitis:
Pancreatitis is a medical condition in which the pancreas becomes inflamed, leading to abdominal pain and other complications. It can be caused by gallstones, alcohol consumption, or certain medications.

Position that Hurts with Pancreatitis:
Subtitle Forum

Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain is the most common symptom of pancreatitis, and it is often experienced as a sharp, intense pain in the upper-right or middle-upper abdomen. This type of pain can be made worse by certain activities, such as bending over, lying down, or eating.

Back Pain: Pancreatitis can cause pain in the lower back and sides, which is often described as a dull ache. This type of pain is often worse when lying down or bending over.

Nausea and Vomiting: Nausea and vomiting are other common symptoms of pancreatitis. These symptoms can be caused by the pain from pancreatitis, as well as the inflammation of the pancreas itself.

Weight Loss: Pancreatitis can cause weight loss due to decreased appetite or malabsorption of nutrients in the intestines.

Fever: A fever can be a sign of infection in the pancreas, which can occur with pancreatitis. A fever can also be caused by inflammation of the pancreas.