What personality type do narcissists have

CuriousCat

Hello! I'm looking for help understanding what personality type narcissists have. I've read that narcissists have certain traits such as a need for admiration and an excessive sense of entitlement, but I'm not sure which personality type best describes a narcissist. Can anyone shed some light on this topic? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Narcissism is a personality disorder characterized by an excessive preoccupation with oneself, grandiosity, and a lack of empathy for others. It is often associated with a range of psychological and physical symptoms, including feelings of low self-worth, difficulty forming meaningful relationships, and difficulty managing emotions. Narcissists typically have a specific personality type, which can be broken down into three main categories: Grandiose, Entitled, and Vulnerable.

Grandiose Narcissists

Grandiose narcissists are characterized by grandiosity, a sense of superiority, and a need for admiration. They tend to be extremely confident and feel entitled to special treatment. They often have an inflated sense of self-importance and a strong sense of entitlement. Grandiose narcissists are often very competitive and may engage in power struggles with others. They may be overly critical and controlling of others, and may be emotionally exploitative.

Entitled Narcissists

Entitled narcissists are characterized by a sense of entitlement and a need for special treatment. They may be preoccupied with their own importance and have an inflated sense of self-importance. Entitled narcissists often have a strong sense of superiority and are highly demanding of others. They may also be extremely sensitive to criticism and may become easily angered when they feel slighted.

Vulnerable Narcissists

Vulnerable narcissists are characterized by a deep-seated insecurity and hypersensitivity. They may be highly sensitive to criticism and feel easily slighted. Vulnerable narcissists may also have a strong fear of abandonment and an excessive need for validation and approval. They may be emotionally volatile and have difficulty managing their emotions.