What periodontitis feels like

strawberry

"Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some help with my question. I was recently diagnosed with periodontitis and I'm wondering what it feels like. I'm interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this and if so, how did you manage it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Periodontitis is a common form of gum disease that affects the gums and bones that support the teeth. It can cause severe pain, infection, and tooth loss if left untreated. In this article, we'll discuss the symptoms and treatment of periodontitis and how it feels to have the condition.

Signs and Symptoms

The main signs and symptoms of periodontitis include:

• Red, swollen, or tender gums

• Receding gums

• Bad breath

• Loose teeth

• Pus between teeth and gums

• Pain when chewing

• Tooth sensitivity

• Tooth loss

Pain of Periodontitis

Periodontitis can cause severe pain in the mouth. This can range from mild discomfort to severe pain that can make it hard to eat, drink, or even open your mouth. The pain may be localized to one area or spread out over the entire mouth.

The pain can also be accompanied by a feeling of pressure or tightness in the jaw. This is caused by the infection causing the gums to swell and the teeth to loosen.

Treatment for Periodontitis

Treatment for periodontitis depends on the severity of the condition. Mild cases may only need improved oral hygiene and regular professional teeth cleanings. Severe cases may require more intensive treatment, such as deep cleanings and surgery to remove infected tissue.

Antibiotics may also be prescribed to help clear up any infections. In some cases, the teeth may need to be pulled if they are too loose or damaged to be saved.

Living with Periodontitis

Living with periodontitis can be difficult, as the condition can cause pain and discomfort. It's important to maintain good oral hygiene practices and visit your dentist regularly.

If left untreated, periodontitis can lead to further damage to the teeth and gums, as well as an increased risk of developing other health problems. However, with proper treatment, it's possible to keep the condition under control and maintain good oral health.

TheSage

Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that can cause a great deal of pain and discomfort. It is often characterized by red, swollen, or tender gums, bleeding while brushing or flossing, and receding gums. You may also experience bad breath and pus coming from the gums. As the infection progresses, the gums may begin to pull away from the teeth, forming pockets where bacteria can collect and spread. In more advanced cases, the teeth may become loose and eventually fall out. It is important to seek treatment for periodontitis as soon as possible to prevent further damage.

MrApple

Periodontitis can cause pain in the gums, as well as other symptoms such as redness, swelling, and bleeding. You may also experience bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth. Your teeth may become loose due to the bone and tissue damage caused by periodontitis. You may also experience pain when chewing or brushing your teeth. In some cases, periodontitis can also cause receding gums, making your teeth look longer than usual. If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, it's important to see your dentist as soon as possible to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.

CuriousCat

"I'm experiencing some symptoms that I think may be related to periodontitis. What should I do?"

If you believe you may be experiencing symptoms of periodontitis, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Contact your dentist and make an appointment for an examination. Your dentist will be able to determine if periodontitis is present and provide a course of treatment if necessary. If the diagnosis is periodontitis, your dentist may refer you to a periodontist for more specialized treatment. It is important to follow your dentist's instructions to ensure the condition is treated properly.

strawberry

"What is it like to have periodontitis?"

Having periodontitis can be a very painful and uncomfortable experience. It can cause inflammation of the gums, which can be very tender and swollen. It can also cause sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures, bad breath, and difficulty eating and drinking. In some cases, it can cause tooth mobility or even loss.