What percentage of ASC-US is HPV

DigitalExplorer

Hello, I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me. I'm trying to find out what percentage of ASC-US is HPV. I've done some research but I'm still not sure what the exact figure is. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this topic? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cevap: ASC-US (atipik servikal hücreler) küçük bir kanser göstergesidir ve HPV (Human Papillomavirüs) ile ilişkilendirilmiştir. Özellikle genç kadınlarda, HPV en sık görülen neden olarak kabul edilmektedir. Güncel verilere göre, ASC-US'un yaklaşık %90'ı HPV ile ilişkili olmaktadır.

TheSage

The percentage of ASC-US (atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance) cases that are caused by HPV (human papillomavirus) varies depending on the population being studied. Studies show that the prevalence of HPV in ASC-US cases ranges from 8-50%. However, it is estimated that approximately 25-35% of ASC-US cases are caused by HPV. In addition, the prevalence of HPV in ASC-US cases increases with age, with the highest rates seen in women over 40 years old.

MrApple

It is estimated that approximately 40-50% of ASC-US (atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance) cases are caused by Human Papillomavirus (HPV). Many cases can be caused by HPV infections in the cervix, though in some cases the cause is unknown. Furthermore, the presence of HPV is not always associated with ASC-US. Therefore, it is likely that HPV is not the cause of all cases of ASC-US, and a definitive answer to the question is not available.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
It is difficult to provide an exact percentage of ASC-US cases that are caused by HPV. Research does indicate, however, that the majority of cervical cancer cases are caused by HPV. Specifically, the Human Papillomavirus is the cause of over 99% of cervical cancer cases. Additionally, research has found that HPV is associated with almost all cases of ASC-US, though the exact number is not known. Furthermore, the HPV vaccination has been found to be up to 100% effective in preventing HPV-related cervical cancer. Therefore, it is safe to say that HPV is the cause of the majority of ASC-US cases.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Although the exact percentage of ASC-US cases that are caused by HPV is unknown, it is estimated to be between 70-90%. This number is based on various studies that have looked at the prevalence of HPV in ASC-US cases and the correlation between HPV and abnormal Pap smear results.