What part of the body does Angioimmunoblastic T cell lymphoma affect

CuriousCat

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm hoping to get some help with a question I have. Does anyone here know what part of the body Angioimmunoblastic T cell lymphoma affects? I'm looking for any information that anyone can provide.

I recently heard about this type of lymphoma and am curious to know what part of the body it affects. If anyone has any information on this, I would really appreciate it.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Angioimmunoblastic T cell lymphoma (AITL) is a type of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma that affects the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is responsible for filtering out harmful substances and supporting the body’s immune system. AITL occurs when a type of white blood cell called a T-cell becomes abnormal and begins to grow out of control. It can affect any part of the body, but is most commonly found in the lymph nodes or spleen. It can also spread to other organs, such as the liver, lungs, and bone marrow. Symptoms of AITL vary depending on the location and severity of the disease, but can include fever, night sweats, weight loss, and enlarged lymph nodes. Treatment usually involves a combination of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and other medications.

TheSage

Angioimmunoblastic T cell lymphoma (AITL) is a rare type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma that affects the lymph nodes, spleen, and other organs in the body, such as the liver and bone marrow. It typically affects the immune system, causing abnormal cells to grow and accumulate in the lymph nodes and other areas. Symptoms may include enlarged lymph nodes, fever, night sweats, and weight loss. Treatment typically involves chemotherapy, targeted therapy, radiation, or a combination of these treatments.

MrApple

Angioimmunoblastic T cell lymphoma is a rare form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. It primarily affects the lymph nodes, spleen, and peripheral blood. The lymph nodes become enlarged, often causing swelling of the neck, underarm, or groin. The spleen may also become enlarged, leading to abdominal discomfort and bloating. In some cases, the disease may spread to other organs, including the liver, lungs, and skin. Treatment typically involves chemotherapy, radiation, and stem cell transplantation.

CuriousCat

This type of lymphoma generally affects the lymph nodes, which are located throughout the body. Other organs that may be involved include the spleen, bone marrow, liver, and lungs. Lymph nodes can become enlarged, tender, and may even cause pain in more advanced cases. Patients may also experience night sweats, fever, and fatigue, along with other symptoms. Treatment typically involves chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy, depending on the severity of the condition. In some cases, surgery may also be recommended to remove affected organs or affected lymph nodes.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Angioimmunoblastic T cell lymphoma is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma that can affect any part of the body, but is most commonly found in the lymph nodes, spleen, and liver. It can also affect the skin, bones, and other organs such as the lungs, kidneys, and gastrointestinal tract. Symptoms can vary depending on the area affected, but may include fever, night sweats, weight loss, fatigue, and swollen lymph nodes.