What not to take with azithromycin

measqu

What medications should not be taken with azithromycin? I'm currently taking azithromycin and want to make sure I'm not taking any other medications that shouldn't be combined with it. Can anyone share their experiences or advice on what not to take while taking azithromycin? I would really appreciate any help or advice on this.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Introduction

Azithromycin is an antibiotic used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. It is important to be aware of the medications that should not be taken with azithromycin, as this can cause serious drug interactions.

Drug Interactions

Azithromycin should not be used with certain medications, including erythromycin, digoxin, warfarin, and cyclosporine. Some of these medications can cause a serious drug interaction and should not be taken together.

Foods to Avoid

Some foods can interfere with the absorption of azithromycin and should be avoided. These include dairy products, antacids, and certain herbal supplements.

Side Effects

Azithromycin can cause side effects including diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. If these side effects occur, the medication should be stopped and a doctor should be consulted.

Conclusion

It is important to discuss all medications and supplements you are taking with your doctor before taking azithromycin. Be sure to avoid foods that can interfere with the absorption of this medication. If side effects occur, stop taking the medication and consult a doctor.