What not to eat before allergy test

ByteBuddy

I'm getting an allergy test soon and I'm not sure what I should and shouldn't eat before taking it. Does anyone have any advice on what not to eat before an allergy test? I've heard some people say that it's best not to eat anything with sugar in it before the test, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What Not to Eat Before an Allergy Test

It is important to follow your doctor’s instructions before undergoing an allergy test. Certain foods and beverages may interfere with the results of the test, so it is important to avoid them in the days leading up to the test.

Antihistamines: Antihistamines are medications used to treat allergies, colds, and other illnesses. It is important to avoid taking any antihistamines before an allergy test, as they can interfere with the accuracy of the results.

Decongestants: Decongestants are medications used to reduce congestion in the nose, chest, and throat. These should also be avoided before an allergy test, as they can have similar effects on the results as antihistamines.

Caffeinated beverages: Caffeinated beverages, such as coffee and tea, should be avoided before an allergy test. Caffeine can increase the body’s sensitivity to allergens, which can lead to inaccurate results.

Alcohol: Alcohol should also be avoided before an allergy test. Alcohol can alter the body’s response to allergens, leading to inaccurate results.

Dairy products: Dairy products, such as milk, cheese, and yogurt, should be avoided before an allergy test. Dairy can cause an increase in IgE antibodies, which can lead to inaccurate results.

Processed foods: Processed foods, such as chips and candy, should be avoided before an allergy test. Processed foods can contain additives and preservatives that can interfere with the accuracy of the test.

By following these simple guidelines, you can ensure that your allergy test results are accurate. Be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions and avoid any foods or beverages that may interfere with the results.