What not to do during runny nose

DreamWeaver

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and was hoping to get some advice on what not to do during a runny nose. I've been dealing with a really bad cold and my nose has been running non-stop. I've been trying to take care of it but I'm worried I'm doing something wrong.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Runny noses are an unavoidable part of life for many of us, and while they're often uncomfortable, they're also usually harmless. That being said, there are certain things that you should avoid doing when you have a runny nose. In this article, we'll discuss what not to do during a runny nose.

Avoid Excessive Blowing

Excessive blowing of your nose can be irritating and can make your nose even more runny. It's best to gently blow your nose when necessary, and avoid blowing it too hard.

Don't Over-Clean Your Nose

Over-cleaning your nose can lead to irritation and may even make your runny nose worse. It's best to gently wipe your nose when necessary and avoid using harsh products or excessive amounts of tissue.

Avoid Irritants

Many substances can irritate your nasal passages and can make your nose runny. These include smoke, dust, and strong odors. It's best to avoid these things when you have a runny nose.

Don't Pick Your Nose

Picking your nose can lead to infection and can make your runny nose worse. It's best to avoid picking your nose and instead use a tissue to gently wipe away any discharge.

Avoid Allergens

If you have a runny nose due to allergies, it's best to avoid the things that you're allergic to. This includes things like dust, pollen, and pets.

Don't Delay Seeing a Doctor

If your runny nose persists for more than a few days, it's best to see a doctor. This is especially true if you're experiencing other symptoms, such as a fever, headache, or sore throat.

By following these tips, you can help ensure that your runny nose doesn't become worse. Remember to blow your nose gently, avoid irritants, and see a doctor if your symptoms don't improve.