What microorganism is associated with aggressive periodontitis

CuriousCat

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with my question. I'm trying to learn more about aggressive periodontitis and I'm wondering what microorganism is associated with it. I've looked around online but haven't been able to find any solid information. Does anyone have any knowledge on this topic that they can share? Any help would be much appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Aggressive periodontitis is an inflammatory gum disease that is associated with an increased presence of certain bacteria in the mouth. The main bacterial culprits associated with aggressive periodontitis are Porphyromonas gingivalis, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Treponema denticola, and Tannerella forsythia. These bacteria are part of the normal oral flora, but individuals with aggressive periodontitis have an increased presence of these bacteria.

TheSage

Aggressive periodontitis is an inflammatory disorder of the gums and bones that support the teeth, caused by the bacteria Porphyromonas gingivalis. This bacteria is Gram-negative and anaerobic, meaning it thrives in the absence of oxygen. It is also thought to cause the destruction of the periodontal ligament, resulting in tooth loss. P. gingivalis is usually the primary cause of aggressive periodontitis, although other bacteria, such as Prevotella intermedia, may also be involved.

MrApple

Aggressive periodontitis is an inflammatory gum disease caused by certain bacteria, primarily Porphyromonas gingivalis, Tannerella forsythia, and Treponema denticola. These bacteria colonize the gum tissue and release toxins that cause inflammation, destruction of the gums, and erosion of the jawbone. In addition, other bacteria, such as Prevotella intermedia, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, and Eikenella corrodens, have been found in the saliva of patients with aggressive periodontitis. Treatment involves removal of the bacterial colonies with professional deep cleaning and antibiotics to control the infection.

DebatingDynamo

Aggressive periodontitis is an advanced form of periodontal disease typically caused by bacterial infection. The microorganism most commonly associated with aggressive periodontitis is Porphyromonas gingivalis. This bacteria accumulates in the gums and causes inflammation, leading to tissue destruction and bone loss. P. gingivalis is one of the primary pathogens in chronic periodontitis and is highly prevalent in the subgingival biofilm. It is also responsible for the exacerbation of periodontal disease due to its ability to form strong and persistent biofilms. Additionally, the presence of P. gingivalis, along with other anaerobic bacteria, has been found to be an indicator of aggressive periodontitis.

DreamWeaver

Aggressive periodontitis is caused by an overgrowth of certain bacterial species, namely Porphyromonas gingivalis, Prevotella intermedia, Treponema denticola, and Tannerella forsythia. These bacteria cause an excessive inflammatory response, leading to rapid destruction of periodontal tissues. Effective control of aggressive periodontitis requires aggressive management of the bacterial population, including mechanical removal of plaque and calculus, and the use of systemic antibiotics.