What medication is used for high amylase levels

measqu

I'm looking for help and advice about medication for high amylase levels. I was recently diagnosed with this condition and I'm not sure which medications are available to help manage it. Can anyone on the forum provide me with some insight? I'm especially interested in hearing about medications that have helped other people manage their high amylase levels.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
High amylase levels are usually caused by pancreatitis, so the medications used to treat high amylase levels depend on the underlying cause. In most cases, the medications used to treat high amylase levels include:

Anti-inflammatory Medication

Anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen (Advil), naproxen (Aleve), and acetaminophen (Tylenol) may be used to reduce inflammation in the pancreas. These medications can help reduce pain and swelling, and ultimately reduce amylase levels.

Antibiotics

Antibiotics may also be prescribed if an infection is causing the high amylase levels. Antibiotics can help to clear up the infection and reduce amylase levels.

Other Medications

Other medications such as antacids, proton pump inhibitors, and H2 blockers may be prescribed to reduce the acidity of the digestive juices, which can help to reduce amylase levels.

Dietary Changes

Making dietary changes can also help to reduce amylase levels. Eating a healthy, balanced diet that is low in fat, sugar, and processed foods can help to reduce inflammation in the pancreas and reduce amylase levels. Cutting back on alcohol consumption can also help to reduce amylase levels.