What kind of people do narcissists fear

CuriousCat

I'm looking for some help understanding the kind of people that narcissists fear. I've read a lot about narcissism and know it is an ego-driven personality disorder, but I'm curious to know more about the types of people that cause fear in narcissists. What kind of traits do they possess that make them so feared? Are there any common behaviors or characteristics among them? Are there any strategies that can be used to help manage the fear of these types of people? Any advice would be appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Narcissists are generally known to fear people who challenge their sense of superiority and control. They often feel threatened by those who are independent, assertive, and capable of standing up for themselves. This fear is often rooted in the narcissist’s own insecurity and inability to cope with criticism.

Fear of Rejection

Narcissists are especially fearful of being rejected and overlooked. They want to be the center of attention and may become jealous and insecure when someone else is receiving more attention than they are. They may lash out in an attempt to regain control of the situation, but ultimately they are afraid of being seen as inferior or inadequate.

Fear of Losing Control

Narcissists often have a strong need to maintain control over their environment and those around them. They may feel threatened by people who are not willing to comply with their wishes or who are challenging their authority. They may also fear being exposed or humiliated in front of others, as this would undermine their sense of superiority.

Fear of Not Being Perfect

Narcissists often have unrealistic expectations of themselves and may fear that they are not living up to their own standards. They may be overly critical of themselves and others and feel a sense of shame if they are not perfect. They may also fear that others will judge them or find them lacking if they are not always “on top.”

Fear of Intimacy

Narcissists often fear becoming too close to someone else, as this would require them to open up and be vulnerable. They may be hesitant to form meaningful relationships, as they are afraid of being rejected or taken advantage of. They may also fear that they will not be able to maintain control over the situation if they become too close.