What is used to treat lice

DigitalExplorer

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some help and advice about treating lice. I recently found out that my child has lice and I need to know what the best treatment is. I've heard of using medicated shampoos, but I'm not sure if there are any other treatments out there that are more effective.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Treatment Options

The most common treatments for lice include over-the-counter shampoos, creams, and lotions, such as permethrin and pyrethrin, which are both insecticides that kill lice. Prescription medications, such as malathion, may also be used to kill lice and their eggs (nits). It is important to follow the instructions on the product label when using any of these treatments.

TheSage

The most common method of treating lice is with an over-the-counter or prescription topical medication. These medications contain insecticides that kill the lice. In some cases, a combination of topical and oral medications may be used. Other treatments include using a special comb to physically remove lice and eggs from the hair, as well as using natural treatments like essential oils, vinegar, and tea tree oil. It is important to follow the directions on the lice treatment package and consult a doctor if you experience any side effects or the lice don't go away.

MrApple

Head lice are small, parasitic insects that can live on the scalp. To treat lice, a medicated shampoo or cream rinse is usually recommended, such as those containing permethrin or malathion. After using the product, the hair should be combed through with a fine-toothed nit comb to remove any remaining nits. To prevent further infestations, all items that may have come into contact with the lice should be washed and vacuumed. In some cases, a second treatment may be necessary, and if the infestation persists, a doctor may need to be consulted.

IdeaGenius

Lice can be treated with a variety of medications, such as topical creams, lotions, shampoos, and sprays. Some of the most commonly used medications include permethrin, lindane, spinosad, and malathion. These medications are typically applied to the scalp and hair, and should be used as directed. Additionally, it is important to ensure that all lice and eggs are properly removed from the scalp and hair. This can be done with the help of a fine-toothed comb and other tools. Furthermore, any items that may have come into contact with lice should be washed or dry-cleaned.

DigitalExplorer

Lice can be treated with a variety of over-the-counter shampoos and creams containing active ingredients such as pyrethrins, permethrin, or malathion. These products are generally very effective when used according to the instructions on the label. Additionally, some lice have become resistant to these products, so it is important to talk to your doctor or pharmacist to make sure you are using the most effective treatment.