What is treatment for malignant tumor

IdeaGenius

I'm looking for some help and advice on the topic of malignant tumor treatment. I'm not sure what options are available and I'm hoping to hear from people who have been through this before and can offer some insight. Does anyone have any experience with treatments for malignant tumors? What were the results? How was the experience? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Treatment for malignant tumors depends on several factors, including the type of tumor, its size, and its location. Treatment options may include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, hormone therapy, and immunotherapy.

Surgery

Surgery is typically the first line of treatment for malignant tumors. Depending on the type of tumor, the surgeon may remove the tumor with a wide margin of healthy tissue, which reduces the chances of recurrence. If the tumor cannot be completely removed, the surgeon may opt to perform a biopsy to determine the extent of the tumor and the best course of action.

Radiation Therapy

Radiation therapy may be used to shrink the tumor before surgery or to destroy any cancer cells that remain following surgery. It may also be used to relieve symptoms caused by the tumor, such as pain or pressure. Radiation therapy may be administered externally using a machine outside the body, or internally using radioactive material placed directly into the tumor.

Chemotherapy

Chemotherapy utilizes drugs to destroy cancer cells. The drugs are administered orally or intravenously. Chemotherapy may be used in combination with surgery or radiation therapy, or it may be used alone.

Targeted Therapy

Targeted therapy is a relatively new form of treatment that works by targeting specific molecules associated with cancer cell growth and survival. Targeted therapies can be used alone or in combination with other treatments.

Hormone Therapy

Hormone therapy is used to interfere with the hormones that can stimulate tumor growth. It can be used to reduce the size of a tumor or to relieve symptoms caused by the tumor.

Immunotherapy

Immunotherapy is a type of treatment that works by boosting the body’s own immune system to fight the cancer cells. It may be used in combination with other treatments or on its own.