What is the treatment for Still's disease

CuriousCat

I need help understanding what the treatment for Still's disease is. I have been researching online but I'm not sure if I'm getting accurate information. Does anyone here have experience with Still's disease and what kind of treatment has been effective? I'm looking for any advice or ideas that would help me gain a better understanding of the treatment for this condition.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Still's disease is a rare form of inflammatory arthritis, but can be effectively treated with medications, lifestyle changes, and physical therapy.

Medications

The main medications used to treat Still's disease are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), corticosteroids, and disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs). NSAIDs are used to reduce inflammation and pain, while corticosteroids are used to reduce inflammation. DMARDs are used to prevent disease progression and can help slow joint damage.

Lifestyle Changes

Making lifestyle changes can also help reduce the symptoms of Still's disease. These changes include getting enough rest, eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and avoiding activities that may cause further joint damage.

Physical Therapy

Physical therapy can help reduce inflammation and pain, as well as improve mobility and range of motion. A physical therapist can also teach exercises to help strengthen the muscles around the joints.

Other Treatments

Other treatments for Still's disease include splinting and bracing, occupational therapy, acupuncture, and hot and cold therapy. Splinting and bracing can help reduce inflammation and pain. Occupational therapy can help improve function and range of motion. Acupuncture can help reduce pain and improve overall well-being. Hot and cold therapy can help reduce inflammation and pain.

TheSage

The treatment for Still's disease depends on the severity of the symptoms. Mild cases can typically be managed using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to reduce joint pain and swelling. In more severe cases, corticosteroids may be prescribed to reduce inflammation and suppress the immune system. In some cases, immunosuppressive drugs may be prescribed to help manage the disease. Additionally, physical therapy and lifestyle modifications such as stress reduction and improved diet can help improve patients' quality of life.

MrApple

Still's disease is a rare inflammatory disorder that affects multiple body systems. Treatment for Still's disease typically involves medications to reduce inflammation and suppress the immune system. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are often used to reduce joint pain and swelling. Corticosteroids may also be prescribed to suppress the immune system. In more severe cases, biological medications, such as tumor necrosis factor (TNF) antagonists, may be used to reduce inflammation. In addition to medications, lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and a healthy diet are recommended to reduce symptoms and improve overall health.

IdeaGenius

Still's disease is a form of juvenile idiopathic arthritis, and it is considered to be an autoimmune condition. Treatment for Still's disease usually involves the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, corticosteroids, and disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs. In some cases, the addition of biologic agents such as adalimumab or tocilizumab may be recommended to reduce inflammation. Physical and occupational therapy may also be prescribed to help improve joint mobility, strength, and overall function. Additionally, lifestyle modifications such as avoiding triggers for flares, eating a healthy diet, and maintaining a healthy level of physical activity can help to reduce the symptoms associated with Still's disease.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Still's disease is an inflammatory type of arthritis that can be treated with medications such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), corticosteroids, and disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs). Depending on the severity of the disease, other treatments, such as physical therapy, may also be recommended. Additionally, lifestyle changes, such as getting enough rest, avoiding stress, and eating a balanced diet, are important for managing the symptoms of Still's disease.