What is the standard treatment for rhinitis

IdeaGenius

"Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I am hoping to get some help regarding the standard treatment for rhinitis. I know it is an allergy-related condition, but I am not sure what the best treatment options are. Has anyone here had experience with treating rhinitis, or know of any treatments that have proven effective? I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice you may have.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The standard treatment for rhinitis depends on the type and cause of the condition. Common treatments include:

Medication

Over-the-counter and prescription medications can help reduce inflammation and relieve symptoms of rhinitis. Medications that may be prescribed include antihistamines, decongestants, steroid nasal sprays, and leukotriene inhibitors.

Lifestyle Changes

Making lifestyle changes can help reduce symptoms of rhinitis. These include avoiding triggers such as dust mites, pet dander, and smoke, as well as avoiding cold temperatures and allergens.

Immunotherapy

Immunotherapy may be recommended for people with allergies that cause rhinitis. Immunotherapy involves being exposed to small amounts of allergens in a controlled setting to help reduce the body’s allergic response.

Surgery

In some cases, surgery may be recommended to treat rhinitis. Surgery may be used to remove polyps or to correct a deviated septum. Surgery is usually only recommended if other treatments have not been successful.