What is the serial killer gene

DigitalExplorer

I'm looking for help understanding what the 'serial killer gene' is. I've been reading about it, but can't seem to find a clear explanation. Does the 'serial killer gene' really exist, and if so, how does it manifest in individuals? Are there any other factors that contribute to a person becoming a serial killer? I'm interested in learning more about this topic, so any advice or resources from the forum community would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Serial killers are people who have committed multiple murders in a short period of time. Some researchers have suggested that a genetic factor could be responsible for the behavior of serial killers. This has been referred to as the “serial killer gene” or the “warrior gene”.

What is the "Serial Killer Gene"?

The “serial killer gene” is a hypothetical genetic factor that has been suggested as the cause of serial killings. This gene is thought to be linked to a particular genetic mutation that alters how the brain works. The mutation is believed to affect how people respond to stress and can lead to violent behavior.

What Evidence is There for Its Existence?

The evidence for the existence of the “serial killer gene” is still inconclusive. While some studies have shown that certain genetic mutations are linked to violent behavior, it is unclear whether these are the same mutations that are responsible for serial killings.

What Other Factors Could Contribute to Serial Killing?

In addition to genetics, there are other factors that could contribute to serial killing. These include environmental factors, such as a traumatic childhood, as well as psychological factors, such as a lack of empathy. It is also possible that a combination of these factors could lead to the behavior of a serial killer.