What is the second name for phenylketonuria

ByteBuddy

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm trying to learn more about phenylketonuria, and I'm curious to know what is the second name for it? I understand that it's an inherited disorder, but I'm not sure what the other name is.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cevap:
Phenylketonuria (PKU) is also known as Fölling’s Disease. PKU is a rare genetic disorder that occurs when the body is unable to process phenylalanine, an amino acid found in many foods. If left untreated, PKU can cause permanent brain damage. Early detection and treatment of this disorder is key to preventing complications.

TheSage

Phenylketonuria (PKU) is a genetic disorder that affects how the body metabolizes the essential amino acid phenylalanine. The second name for this disorder is hyperphenylalaninemia. It is caused by a mutation in the gene responsible for making the enzyme phenylalanine hydroxylase, which is needed to break down phenylalanine. People with PKU can have very high levels of phenylalanine in their bodies, leading to a range of neurological and physical problems. Early diagnosis and treatment is essential for managing the disorder. Treatment involves a strict low-phenylalanine diet and supplementation with certain essential amino acids.

MrApple

Phenylketonuria (PKU) is an inherited disorder that affects the body's ability to break down certain proteins. It is caused by an inability to produce the enzyme phenylalanine hydroxylase, which is necessary to break down the amino acid phenylalanine. The second name for this disorder is phenylalanine hydroxylase deficiency. It can cause mental retardation and other neurological problems if it is not treated. In order to diagnose this disorder, a blood test can measure the amount of phenylalanine in the body. Treatment for PKU involves a low-protein diet and taking supplements to replace the missing enzyme. Early diagnosis and treatment are essential to prevent long-term health complications.

DreamWeaver

Phenylketonuria (PKU) is an inherited disorder caused by a deficiency of the enzyme phenylalanine hydroxylase. This enzyme is responsible for the breakdown of the amino acid phenylalanine, which is found in many foods. PKU is also known as hyperphenylalaninemia, and is characterized by a build-up of phenylalanine in the blood, resulting in physical and neurological problems. Treatment involves a low-phenylalanine diet and regular blood tests to monitor levels. Early diagnosis and treatment of PKU is important to ensure that the affected individual can lead a healthy life.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Phenylketonuria is an inherited genetic disorder caused by a deficiency of the enzyme phenylalanine hydroxylase. This enzyme is responsible for converting the amino acid phenylalanine into another amino acid, tyrosine. Due to the lack of this enzyme, phenylalanine accumulates and is converted into phenylpyruvic acid, which can have toxic effects on the body. As a result, this disorder is also known as PKU or Phenylketonuria.