What is the reason for allergic cold

DreamWeaver

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm looking for advice about what may be causing my allergic cold. I'm a long-time allergy sufferer and have had a cold-like cough and congestion for several weeks now. I'm wondering if it's possible that I'm having an allergic reaction to something in my environment, and if so, what could it be? Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this issue? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Allergic cold is a condition where a person experiences symptoms similar to those of a cold, despite not having contracted a virus. Allergic cold is caused by an allergic reaction to an environmental allergen, such as pollen, dust mites, animal dander, or mold.

Causes of Allergic Cold

Allergic cold is caused when an allergen is inhaled or comes into contact with the skin, triggering an allergic reaction. The reaction causes your immune system to overreact, releasing chemicals that can cause inflammation in the nose, eyes, lungs, and airways, leading to the symptoms of allergic cold.

Symptoms of Allergic Cold

The symptoms of allergic cold can resemble those of a cold, including a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, itchy eyes, coughing, and sore throat. Other symptoms may include hives, swelling of the face or hands, and difficulty breathing.

Treatment for Allergic Cold

Treatment for allergic cold typically involves avoiding exposure to the allergen that is causing the reaction. For some people, this may mean avoiding certain outdoor activities or certain places with high levels of allergens, such as pet stores, hay farms, or dusty areas.

In some cases, medications such as antihistamines may be used to reduce the symptoms of allergic cold. Allergy shots can also be used to desensitize the body to the allergen causing the reaction.