What is the prevalence of anemia by age

strawberry

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some assistance with understanding the prevalence of anemia by age. I have been researching this topic, but I am having difficulty finding reliable and up-to-date information. Does anyone know where I can find information on this topic? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The prevalence of anemia by age can vary greatly depending on a variety of factors such as gender, overall health, and lifestyle.

Prevalence of Anemia in Infants and Toddlers (0-2 Years)

Anemia is a common condition in children below the age of two. The prevalence of anemia in this age group is highest in developing countries, such as India and China, where iron-deficiency is more common. According to the World Health Organization, the global prevalence of anemia in infants and toddlers is 28.3%.

Prevalence of Anemia in Preschoolers (3-5 Years)

The prevalence of anemia in this age group is slightly lower than in infants and toddlers, with a global prevalence of around 23%. The most common cause of anemia in preschoolers is iron deficiency, although other conditions such as thalassemia can also cause anemia.

Prevalence of Anemia in School-Aged Children (6-12 Years)

The prevalence of anemia in this age group is lower than in younger children. The global prevalence of anemia in school-aged children is around 14%. The most common cause of anemia in this age group is iron deficiency, although other conditions such as sickle cell disease can also cause anemia.

Prevalence of Anemia in Adolescents (13-18 Years)

The prevalence of anemia in this age group is lower than in younger children. The global prevalence of anemia in adolescents is around 9%. The most common cause of anemia in this age group is iron deficiency, although other conditions such as thalassemia can also cause anemia.

Prevalence of Anemia in Adults (19 Years and Older)

The prevalence of anemia in this age group is lower than in younger age groups. The global prevalence of anemia in adults is approximately 6%. The most common cause of anemia in this age group is iron deficiency, although other conditions such as thalassemia can also cause anemia.