What is the Oxford spelling of diarrhea

ByteBuddy

I'm new here and I'm looking for some help. I'm trying to find out the Oxford spelling of the word 'diarrhea'. Does anyone here know how to spell it correctly using the Oxford spelling? I would really appreciate any help that I can get. I've been trying to look it up online but the spelling that I'm finding is different from the one I need. Any advice about where to look or any examples of the Oxford spelling would be wonderful.

TheSage

The Oxford spelling of the word diarrhea is spelled as "diarrhoea." This spelling is used in British English, while the American English spelling is "diarrhea." The word derives from the Greek word "diarrhoia," which means "a flowing through." Diarrhoea is an increase in the frequency, volume, and fluidity of stools. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including bacterial or viral infections, food allergies, and certain medications. Diarrhoea is usually treated with antibiotics or antidiarrheal medication. In severe cases, hospitalization may be necessary for rehydration and to prevent complications.

MrApple

Diarrhea is a common condition that involves having watery stools or loose bowel movements more than three times per day. The Oxford spelling of the word is ‘diarrhoea’, with the double ‘o’ and the silent ‘h’. It is important to seek medical attention for diarrhea symptoms that last more than two days, as the condition can be a symptom of a more serious underlying health issue. Treatment for diarrhea is typically a diet that includes plenty of fluids, electrolytes, and probiotics. In some cases, medication may be prescribed by a doctor.

DebatingDynamo

Diarrhea is usually spelled with two "r"s and two "a"s: diarrhoea. It is derived from the Greek word "diorrhoia" which means "flowing through". It is used to refer to an increase in the frequency and liquidity of stools. It is often caused by a bacterial or viral infection, but can also be due to a food intolerance, overconsumption of certain foods, or even stress. Treatment may include over-the-counter medications and dietary changes.