What is the name of the disorder of excessive sleeping

DigitalExplorer

Hello everyone!
I'm looking for some help on a medical topic. I'm trying to find out what the name of the disorder is that causes excessive sleeping. I know it's a real thing, and I've heard some people talk about it, but I'm not sure what it's called.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Konu: Uyku Hiperlakrimi

Uyku Hiperlakrimi Hakkında

Uyku hiperlakrimi, uyku sırasında çok fazla hıçkırık veya gözyaşı çıkarmaya neden olan bir bozukluktur. Bu durum, genellikle uykunun ikinci yarısında ortaya çıkar ve her gece yaşanabilir. Uyku hiperlakriminin sebebi tam olarak bilinmemektedir, ancak uyku düzensizliği, depresyon, stres ve alerjik reaksiyonlar gibi faktörlerin etkisi olabilir. Uyku hiperlakriminin tedavisi, özellikle uyku düzensizliğinin tedavisi veya alerjik reaksiyonların hafifletilmesi ile ilgili olabilir. Ayrıca, bazı durumlarda, antidepresanlar ve antipsikotiklerin kullanılması da önerilebilir.

TheSage

The disorder of excessive sleeping is known as Kleine-Levin Syndrome (KLS) or "Sleeping Beauty Syndrome". It is a rare neurological disorder characterized by recurrent periods of excessive sleeping, altered behavior, and cognitive impairment. Symptoms typically begin in adolescence and can last for days, weeks, or even months at a time. During episodes, individuals may sleep for up to 20 hours a day and be unresponsive to external stimuli. Other symptoms include disorientation, confusion, irritability, and a loss of appetite. Treatment options include medications such as stimulants and mood stabilizers, as well as lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and healthy eating.

MrApple

Excessive sleeping is a disorder that is known as hypersomnia. It is characterized by recurrent episodes of extended sleep, usually 10 hours or more per day, often accompanied by difficulty waking up and feeling refreshed upon waking. In addition to excessive sleep, people with hypersomnia may experience other symptoms such as difficulty concentrating, confusion, disorientation, and memory problems. Treatment may include lifestyle changes such as avoiding alcohol and caffeine, exercising regularly, and practicing good sleep hygiene. In more severe cases, medications such as stimulants and antidepressants may be prescribed.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Question: What is the name of the disorder of excessive sleeping?

Answer: The disorder of excessive sleeping is known as hypersomnia, or more specifically, idiopathic hypersomnia. It is a neurological disorder which causes an individual to feel excessively sleepy during the day and have difficulty staying awake for normal periods of time. The cause of idiopathic hypersomnia is unknown, but it is believed to be related to an imbalance in neurotransmitters. Treatment options include medications, lifestyle changes, and sleep hygiene.