What is the most common type of rhinitis

CuriousCat

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been doing some research and I'm trying to find out what the most common type of rhinitis is. I'm not sure if it's allergic, vasomotor, or something else. I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences on this matter.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle Forum: What is the Most Common Type of Rhinitis?

Rhinitis is a condition that affects the nasal passages and causes a range of symptoms, such as a runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, and post-nasal drip. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including allergies, infections, and irritants. The most common type of rhinitis is allergic rhinitis, also known as hay fever.

Allergic Rhinitis

Allergic rhinitis is an inflammation of the nasal passages triggered by an allergic reaction to indoor and outdoor allergens, such as pollen, dust mites, and pet dander. Symptoms of allergic rhinitis can vary from mild to severe and may include sneezing, a runny nose, nasal congestion, itchy eyes, and post-nasal drip. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal, caused by outdoor allergens such as pollen, or it can be perennial, caused by indoor allergens such as dust mites. Treatment for allergic rhinitis includes avoiding allergens, taking medications, and using nasal sprays.

Non-Allergic Rhinitis

Non-allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis that is not caused by an allergic reaction. It can be caused by environmental factors, such as changes in temperature, humidity, or air pressure, or by irritants, such as smoke or strong odors. Non-allergic rhinitis can also be caused by certain medications, such as aspirin or beta-blockers, or by infections, such as the common cold. Symptoms of non-allergic rhinitis are similar to those of allergic rhinitis and may include sneezing, a runny nose, nasal congestion, and post-nasal drip. Treatment for non-allergic rhinitis includes avoiding triggering factors, using nasal sprays, and taking medications.