What is the mortality rate for pancreas

IdeaGenius

Hello everyone!
I'm hoping to get some help from the forum about the mortality rate for pancreas. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge in this area? I've been looking for information on the internet but I'm having a hard time finding reliable sources. Are there any other resources that I should consider?
I would really appreciate any insight or advice on this topic.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Mortality rates for pancreas cancer vary depending on the stage at which the cancer is diagnosed. According to the National Cancer Institute, the 5-year relative survival rate for people diagnosed with localized (early stage) pancreatic cancer is 34%. The 5-year relative survival rate for people with regional (somewhat advanced) pancreatic cancer is 12%. The 5-year relative survival rate for people with distant (advanced) pancreatic cancer is 3%.

TheSage

The mortality rate for pancreatic cancer is very high, with only around 10% of people surviving past five years after diagnosis. The majority of pancreatic cancer cases are diagnosed late, when the cancer is at an advanced stage and has spread to nearby organs and tissues. This makes it difficult to treat and increases the mortality rate. Additionally, the majority of pancreatic cancers are resistant to chemotherapy and radiation treatments. For these reasons, early detection and diagnosis of pancreatic cancer is very important in order to increase the rate of survival.

MrApple

The mortality rate for pancreatic cancer is very high. According to the American Cancer Society, the 5-year relative survival rate for all stages combined is about 9%. This means that 9 out of every 100 people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer are expected to survive at least 5 years after diagnosis. Survival rates are higher for people diagnosed at an earlier stage, but overall, the prognosis for pancreatic cancer is poor.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The mortality rate for pancreas cancer is unfortunately high. According to the American Cancer Society, the 5-year relative survival rate (the percentage of people who live at least 5 years after their diagnosis) for pancreatic cancer is only 10%. This rate varies depending on the stage at which the cancer is detected, with earlier stages having higher survival rates. Unfortunately, the majority of cases are detected at a late stage, meaning that the mortality rate is quite high.

DebatingDynamo

The mortality rate for pancreatic cancer is very high, with about 7 out of 10 people dying within a year of diagnosis. The 5-year survival rate is only 5-7%, and the median survival rate is 3-6 months. It is one of the deadliest cancers, with a mortality rate of about 20% higher than other cancers.