What is the main feature of hemolytic anemia

measqu

I'm hoping to get some help with a medical question. Can anyone tell me what the main feature of hemolytic anemia is? I've heard it's something to do with the breakdown of red blood cells, but I'm not sure what that means or how it affects someone's health. I'd really appreciate any insight or advice anyone can give me.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Hemolytic anemia is a type of anemia that is caused by the destruction of red blood cells (RBCs), usually due to an autoimmune disorder or infection. The main feature of this condition is an abnormally low number of red blood cells in the blood, which can lead to anemia and other medical complications. The destruction of red blood cells can occur in the bone marrow, in the blood vessels, or in the spleen. Symptoms of hemolytic anemia can range from mild to severe, and may include fatigue, pale skin, jaundice, shortness of breath, and dark urine. Treatment of hemolytic anemia typically involves medications and lifestyle modifications, such as avoiding certain medications or foods that can worsen the condition. In some cases, a blood transfusion or stem cell transplant may be necessary.