What is the long term goal of anemia

CuriousCat

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I'm looking for some help. I've been diagnosed with anemia and I'm trying to understand my long term goal in managing it. Is there anyone who has dealt with anemia for a long period of time and can provide me with advice about what the long term goals are? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The long-term goal of anemia treatment is to control the underlying cause of the anemia, to improve the patient's quality of life, and to prevent further complications that could arise from the anemia. Treatment of anemia depends on the underlying cause, and may involve lifestyle changes, medications, or other treatments. Lifestyle changes may include dietary modifications, increasing activity levels, or changing habits to decrease the risk of anemia. Medications may include supplements such as iron, B vitamins, and folic acid, as well as other medications that address the underlying cause of the anemia. Other treatments may include blood transfusions, or other more specialized treatments.