What is the IgE level for allergic rhinitis

DreamWeaver

I'm hoping to get some help from forum users about allergic rhinitis and IgE levels. I'm trying to understand what the IgE level should be for someone with allergic rhinitis. Could anyone help me out with this? I'm not sure what the normal IgE level is for this type of condition.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
IgE Level for Allergic Rhinitis

What is IgE?

Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is a type of antibody produced by the immune system in response to allergens, such as pollen, dust mites, and pet dander. IgE is responsible for triggering allergic reactions and is typically elevated in people with allergic rhinitis.

What is Allergic Rhinitis?

Allergic Rhinitis is a condition in which the nose and eyes become inflamed in response to an allergen. Common symptoms of allergic rhinitis include sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, and congestion.

What is the IgE Level for Allergic Rhinitis?

The IgE level for allergic rhinitis is typically elevated. A common way to measure IgE levels is through a blood test known as a “total IgE test”. The normal range for IgE levels is 0-100 IU/mL. An elevated IgE level may indicate an allergic reaction or sensitivity to an allergen. However, it is important to note that elevated IgE levels may not always be due to allergies. In some cases, elevated IgE levels may be due to other conditions, such as asthma or parasites. Therefore, it is important to consult a doctor to determine the cause of the elevated IgE level.