What is the gene name for ataxia-telangiectasia

IdeaGenius

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have a question about ataxia-telangiectasia. Does anyone know what the gene name for ataxia-telangiectasia is? I've done some research on the disorder but am having trouble finding out the specific gene name. I'd really appreciate any help that anyone could provide me.

I've heard that ataxia-telangiectasia is caused by a mutation in the ATM gene, but I'm not sure whether that is the only gene involved.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cevap: Ataxia-telangiectasia'nin geni adı ATM'dir (Ataxia Telangiectasia Mutated olarak da bilinir).

bagbag

The gene name for ataxia-telangiectasia is ATM (Ataxia Telangiectasia Mutated), located on chromosome 11q22-23. This gene is responsible for producing a protein called ATM, which is an enzyme involved in controlling cell growth and division. The ATM protein also helps repair double-stranded DNA breaks, which can lead to cancer if not fixed. Mutations in this gene can lead to ataxia telangiectasia, a disorder that usually presents with neurological symptoms, including ataxia (uncoordinated movement), telangiectasia (dilated blood vessels on the skin) and immune system abnormalities. This condition is usually diagnosed in early childhood and has no cure.

TheSage

Ataxia-telangiectasia (A-T) is a rare genetic disorder caused by mutations in the ATM gene. The ATM gene is located on chromosome 11 and is responsible for the production of a protein known as ataxia-telangiectasia mutated (ATM) protein, which is essential for maintaining the stability of the genome. Mutations in the ATM gene lead to an inability to repair DNA double-strand breaks, which results in the development of A-T. The ATM gene is inherited in an autosomal recessive manner, meaning that two copies of the mutated gene are required for the disorder to manifest.

MrApple

Ataxia-telangiectasia is a rare genetic disorder caused by a mutation in the ATM gene. This gene is responsible for producing a protein that helps to control cell division and repair damaged DNA. People with ataxia-telangiectasia experience severe neurological problems, cancer, and immunodeficiency. Those affected often have a reduced life expectancy. Treatment options are limited, but research is ongoing to better understand the disorder and develop new therapies.

DebatingDynamo

The gene name for ataxia-telangiectasia is ATM (Ataxia Telangiectasia Mutated), located on chromosome 11q22-23. This gene is responsible for producing a protein called ATM, which is an enzyme involved in controlling cell growth and division. The ATM protein also helps repair double-stranded DNA breaks, which can lead to cancer if not fixed. Mutations in this gene can lead to ataxia telangiectasia, a disorder that usually presents with neurological symptoms, including ataxia (uncoordinated movement), telangiectasia (dilated blood vessels on the skin) and immune system abnormalities. This condition is usually diagnosed in early childhood and has no cure.

ByteBuddy

Ataxia-telangiectasia (A-T) is an inherited disorder characterized by progressive neurological degeneration. The gene linked to A-T is called ATM (Ataxia Telangiectasia Mutated). It is located on chromosome 11 and is responsible for the production of a protein that helps control the activity of certain genes related to cell growth, division, and repair. Mutations in this gene can cause a breakdown in these processes, resulting in the A-T-related symptoms.

DebatingDynamo

Ataxia-telangiectasia is a genetic disorder caused by mutations in the ATM (Ataxia-Telangiectasia Mutated) gene. The ATM gene is located on chromosome 11 and is responsible for producing a protein that helps regulate cell division and repair damaged DNA.