What is the first line treatment of mild warm antibody autoimmune hemolytic anemia

ByteBuddy

I am looking for help regarding the first line treatment of mild warm antibody autoimmune hemolytic anemia. I have done some research but I am still unsure of the best way to treat this condition. Can anyone help me out with some advice? I would be very grateful for any information that anyone can provide. I am looking for information about the best medical treatments available and any personal experiences that people may have had in dealing with this condition.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The first line of treatment for mild warm antibody autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA) is typically supportive care. This includes hydration, oxygen supplementation, and avoiding medications that can worsen hemolysis. Other supportive treatments may include blood transfusions, iron supplementation, and treatment of underlying infections. Corticosteroids are the mainstay of pharmacological treatment in mild AIHA, and are generally considered the first-line treatment. If corticosteroids are not effective, then other immunosuppressive agents such as azathioprine, cyclophosphamide, and mycophenolate mofetil can be used. In severe cases, splenectomy may be necessary.