What is the earliest age for allergic rhinitis

ByteBuddy

"Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some help with a medical question. What is the earliest age for allergic rhinitis? I'm asking because my child is showing signs of a runny nose and sneezing, and I'm wondering if it could be allergies. Any advice or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Allergic rhinitis is a condition in which the nasal passages become inflamed in response to allergens like dust, pet dander, and pollen. It can cause symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes. The age of onset for allergic rhinitis varies, but it usually begins in childhood.

Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis

Allergic rhinitis typically produces a variety of nasal and eye symptoms, including sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion, postnasal drip, itchy eyes, and watery eyes. These symptoms can be mild or severe, depending on the individual's sensitivity and the amount of exposure to allergens.

When Does Allergic Rhinitis Usually Begin?

Allergic rhinitis typically begins in childhood. It is estimated that 60% of cases start before the age of 10, and 80% of cases start before the age of 20. Allergic rhinitis can also occur in adulthood, and some people may develop the condition later in life.