What is the disorder where people think they are always right

CuriousCat

Hello everyone,

I'm a bit curious about something and I'm hoping to get some insight from others who may have experienced something similar. Does anyone know what is the disorder where people think they are always right? I'm not sure what it's called, but I know I've seen it before. I'm looking for a name for the disorder or any advice on how to deal with someone who exhibits this behavior. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The disorder where people think they are always right is called Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). It is a mental health condition in which a person has an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration, and a lack of empathy for others. People with NPD often have difficulty handling criticism and may become angry or defensive when confronted with it. Other symptoms include having an exaggerated sense of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, a preoccupation with success and power, an inability to handle disappointment or failure, and a lack of empathy for others. People with NPD can be very manipulative and may exploit others to get what they want. Treatment for NPD usually involves a combination of psychotherapy, medication, and lifestyle changes.