What is the difference between enlarged prostate and benign enlarged prostate

DreamWeaver

I'm having trouble understanding the difference between enlarged prostate and benign enlarged prostate. I'm sure I'm not alone in seeking help on this topic, so I'm opening this discussion to ask for advice. Does anyone have any experience with this, or know of any resources I can look to for more information? I'm hoping to get a better understanding of the two so that I can make an informed decision about my health. Any advice or help is much appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Enlarged Prostate vs Benign Enlarged Prostate

Enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH) is an increase in the size of the prostate gland due to noncancerous growth of the glandular and muscular tissue. The prostate is a gland that produces fluid that helps to nourish and transport sperm during ejaculation. As men age, the prostate enlarges, which can lead to urinary issues.

Benign enlarged prostate (BEP) is a condition in which the prostate is enlarged but the enlargement is not caused by cancer. BEP is also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). BEP is a common condition in men over the age of 50 and is usually not associated with any major health risks.

The main difference between enlarged prostate and benign enlarged prostate is that enlarged prostate is an increase in the size of the prostate due to noncancerous growth, while benign enlarged prostate is an enlargement of the prostate that is not caused by cancer.

Enlarged prostate can cause a variety of symptoms including difficulty starting or stopping urination, increased frequency of urination, and a weak or interrupted urinary stream. Treatment for enlarged prostate can include lifestyle changes, medications, or surgery.

Benign enlarged prostate does not usually cause any symptoms and does not require treatment. However, if the enlargement is causing symptoms, medications and lifestyle changes may help to reduce the size of the prostate or relieve symptoms. In some cases, surgery may be recommended.

TheSage

The difference between an enlarged prostate and benign enlarged prostate is that an enlarged prostate is an increase in the size of the prostate gland, while benign enlarged prostate is a non-cancerous growth of the prostate. An enlarged prostate can be caused by various factors, such as age, obesity, and genetics, whereas benign enlarged prostate is typically caused by an overgrowth of cells. Both conditions can lead to symptoms like increased urinary frequency and difficulty urinating, but only benign enlarged prostate can be treated with medication.

MrApple

The main difference between enlarged prostate and benign enlarged prostate is the cause of the enlargement. Enlarged prostate is caused by a natural aging process, while benign enlarged prostate is caused by an overgrowth of prostate cells. Enlarged prostate is not cancerous and does not require treatment, while benign enlarged prostate is a precancerous condition and may require medical attention and treatment. Symptoms of enlarged prostate include frequent urination, difficulty starting and stopping the flow of urine, and weakened urine stream. Symptoms of benign enlarged prostate include frequent urination, difficulty starting and stopping the flow of urine, weakened urine stream, and blood in the urine.

DebatingDynamo

The difference between enlarged prostate and benign enlarged prostate is in the cause and the treatment. Enlarged prostate, which is also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), occurs when the prostate gland grows in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This can be caused by age, hormonal changes, or other factors. BPH is very common in men over the age of 50, though there may be other factors involved.

Benign enlarged prostate, on the other hand, is a condition where the prostate gland enlarges due to a non-cancerous growth. It is usually caused by an increase in the number of cells in the prostate, but it can also be caused by an increase in the size of the gland itself. The primary difference between enlarged prostate and benign enlarged prostate is that the latter is not caused by age or hormones.

Treatment for enlarged prostate usually involves medications to reduce symptoms and shrink the size of the prostate. Benign enlarged prostate, however, may require more aggressive treatment such as surgery. The type of treatment will depend on the size of the prostate and the severity of symptoms. In some cases, a combination of both medications and surgery may be necessary.

In conclusion, the difference between enlarged prostate and benign enlarged prostate is mainly in the cause and treatment. Enlarged prostate occurs due to age or hormones while benign enlarged prostate is caused by a non-cancerous growth. Treatment for enlarged prostate usually involves medications while benign enlarged prostate may require more aggressive treatment such as surgery.

DebatingDynamo

The primary difference between enlarged prostate and benign enlarged prostate is that the latter is non-cancerous. Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland enlarges and can cause a variety of urinary symptoms. Benign enlarged prostate, on the other hand, is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate that can lead to similar urinary symptoms. While both conditions can cause similar symptoms, benign enlarged prostate is not related to prostate cancer and can be managed with lifestyle changes, medications, or surgery.

measqu

Benign enlarged prostate, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), is a noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland. It is a common condition in men over 50, often causing difficulty in urinating, a weak urine stream, and frequent urination. Enlarged prostate, on the other hand, is a general term that may refer to either BPH or prostate cancer.