What is the diagnostic test for immune hemolytic anemia

measqu

I'm looking for some help understanding the diagnostic test for immune hemolytic anemia. I'm not sure what tests are used to diagnose this condition and I'm hoping somebody can provide some information. Has anyone here ever been tested for this anemia, or know someone who has? What tests were used? Were they effective in diagnosing the anemia? Any information would be much appreciated.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Diagnostic tests for immune hemolytic anemia include a complete blood count (CBC), blood smear, direct antiglobulin test (DAT), and hemoglobin electrophoresis.

Complete Blood Count (CBC)

A complete blood count (CBC) measures the levels of red and white blood cells, platelets, and hemoglobin in the blood. It also helps to detect anemia caused by the destruction of red blood cells.

Blood Smear

A blood smear is a microscopic examination of a sample of blood. It can be used to detect abnormal red blood cells, such as those seen in some types of anemia.

Direct Antiglobulin Test (DAT)

The direct antiglobulin test (DAT) is a laboratory test used to detect antibodies that are attached to red blood cells. It is used to diagnose immune hemolytic anemia.

Hemoglobin Electrophoresis

Hemoglobin electrophoresis is a laboratory test used to measure the levels of different types of hemoglobin in the blood. It can be used to diagnose certain types of anemia, including immune hemolytic anemia.