What is the criteria for allergic rhinitis

DreamWeaver

I'm looking for help understanding what the criteria are for an allergic rhinitis diagnosis. I've been dealing with allergy-like symptoms for a while and think I might have it, but I'm not sure how to tell. Does anyone know how the criteria for allergic rhinitis is determined? Are there any specific tests or symptoms that point to a diagnosis? Any advice or information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Allergic Rhinitis is a respiratory condition caused by an allergic reaction to certain substances, such as pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and molds. Symptoms of allergic rhinitis can include sneezing, a runny or congested nose, itchy eyes, coughing, and postnasal drip.

Diagnosing Allergic Rhinitis

In order to accurately diagnose allergic rhinitis, an allergist will typically perform a physical examination and review the patient's medical history. The allergist may also order tests to determine which allergens are triggering the allergic reaction. These tests may include skin prick tests, blood tests, and patch tests.

Treating Allergic Rhinitis

Once the allergens triggering the allergic reaction have been identified, the allergist will recommend a treatment plan to help reduce the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. Treatment plans may include avoiding contact with the allergen, using medications to reduce inflammation and swelling, or using immunotherapy to help the body build up a tolerance to the allergen.