What is the common reason for high white blood cells

IdeaGenius

I'm looking for help understanding the common reasons for high white blood cell counts. I recently visited my doctor and they told me my white blood cell count was high. I'm wondering why this could be happening and what I can do to treat it. Are there any dietary changes I should make? Are there any other lifestyle changes I can do to bring my white blood cell count back to normal levels? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
White blood cells are an important part of the body’s immune system. High white blood cell counts can be caused by a variety of conditions, including infection, inflammation, allergic reactions, and some forms of cancer.

Infection

One of the most common causes of high white blood cell counts is an infection. When the body is fighting an infection, white blood cells are released to help fight it off. Infections can range from mild, such as a cold, to more serious, such as a bacterial infection.

Inflammation

Inflammation can also trigger an increase in white blood cells. Inflammation is the body’s response to injury or irritation. It can be caused by a variety of conditions, including autoimmune diseases, allergies, and arthritis.

Allergic Reactions

Allergic reactions can also cause an increase in white blood cells. Allergies are the body’s immune system’s response to a foreign substance, such as pollen, animal dander, or certain foods.

Cancer

In some cases, high white blood cell counts can be a sign of cancer. Certain types of cancer, such as leukemia and lymphoma, can cause the body’s white blood cell count to increase.