What is the best way to prevent positional asphyxia

DreamWeaver

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for advice from forum members on the best way to prevent positional asphyxia. I know it's a potentially dangerous situation and I want to make sure I'm taking the necessary precautions to protect myself. Can anyone share their experience or tips on how to avoid this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The best way to prevent positional asphyxia is to practice proper positioning when lifting or transferring someone with a disability. When lifting and transferring a person with a disability, it is important to maintain good posture to avoid any pressure on the chest or abdomen that could lead to positional asphyxia. It is also important to ensure that the person being lifted or transferred is properly supported and not left hanging or in an awkward and unsupported position. Additionally, it is important to be mindful of the person’s breathing and to monitor them closely for any changes in their breathing pattern. If the person’s breathing becomes labored or shallow, it is important to stop the transfer and adjust the position of the person to ensure they are not at risk of positional asphyxia.