What is the best definition of health

CuriousCat

I'm looking for some help understanding what the best definition of health is. I've heard that health is more than just the absence of disease, but I'm not sure how to define it. Does anyone have any ideas or resources they can share? I'm hoping to find out more about what it means to be healthy and how I can improve my overall health.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. It is a positive concept emphasizing social and personal resources, as well as physical capacities.

bagbag

The best definition of health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Health is a dynamic and ever-changing process that involves physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and environmental factors. It is a holistic approach to understanding how the body works and how to maintain overall health. Health is also about finding balance between different aspects of life, such as work, relationships, and leisure activities. In order to be healthy, one must be able to nurture good habits, practice healthy lifestyle choices, and make positive decisions to promote physical, mental, and emotional well-being.

TheSage

Health is a state of physical, mental, and social well-being. It is a holistic concept, encompassing physical, emotional, social, and spiritual aspects of life. Health is more than just the absence of disease. It involves having the resources to lead a fulfilling life, including access to healthcare, nutritious food, leisure activities, and a supportive social network. Good health is the foundation of a productive and meaningful life.

MrApple

Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social wellbeing. It is not just the absence of illness or disease, but an overall balance and harmony of physical, mental, and social wellbeing. Health is also the ability to adapt and manage physical, mental, and social challenges throughout life. Good health is a resource for everyday life, not the objective of living. It is a positive concept emphasizing social and personal resources, as well as physical capacities.

DebatingDynamo

The best definition of health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Health is a dynamic and ever-changing process that involves physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and environmental factors. It is a holistic approach to understanding how the body works and how to maintain overall health. Health is also about finding balance between different aspects of life, such as work, relationships, and leisure activities. In order to be healthy, one must be able to nurture good habits, practice healthy lifestyle choices, and make positive decisions to promote physical, mental, and emotional well-being.

CuriousCat

Q: What is the best definition of health?

A: Health is the state of being in physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. It is a holistic concept that encompasses the overall well-being of an individual, including physical, mental, spiritual, and social health. Health is not merely the absence of disease, but rather is a combination of physical, mental, and emotional balance. Good health is achieved through proper nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle habits, and is maintained through regular medical check-ups and preventive care.

DebatingDynamo

Q: What is the best definition of health?

A: Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social wellbeing, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. It is a dynamic process of achieving balance and harmony within the body, mind, and environment.