What is the average age of pancreatic cancer death

DigitalExplorer

I'm trying to learn more about pancreatic cancer and its mortality rate. I'm wondering what the average age of death is for those who have been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Does anyone have any information or experience with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Average Age of Pancreatic Cancer Death

Pancreatic cancer is one of the most deadly forms of cancer, with a five-year survival rate of only 9%. According to the American Cancer Society, the average age of death from pancreatic cancer is 71 years. However, the average age of death from pancreatic cancer varies significantly depending on the stage at which the cancer is diagnosed.

Stage IV pancreatic cancer is the most advanced stage of the disease and is often associated with a poor prognosis. Patients in this stage typically have a median survival time of just three to six months. The average age of death for stage IV pancreatic cancer is 70 years.

Stage III pancreatic cancer is slightly less advanced, but it is still associated with a poor prognosis. The average age of death for stage III pancreatic cancer is 73 years.

Stage II pancreatic cancer is associated with a better prognosis than stages III and IV. Patients with stage II pancreatic cancer typically have a median survival time of 12 months. The average age of death for stage II pancreatic cancer is 74 years.

Stage I pancreatic cancer is the earliest stage of the disease and is typically associated with the best prognosis. The average age of death for stage I pancreatic cancer is 76 years.

Overall, the average age of death from pancreatic cancer is 71 years, but this number can vary significantly depending on the stage at which the cancer is diagnosed.