What is the 3 types of first aid

strawberry

I'm looking to learn more about first aid and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm trying to figure out what the 3 types of first aid are. Does anyone have any information or tips they can share with me? I'd really appreciate it. I'm hoping to gain a better understanding of what first aid is and how it can help in emergency situations. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
1. Physical First Aid

Physical first aid includes steps to prevent further injury and provide immediate care to injured persons. This includes splinting broken bones, controlling bleeding, administering CPR, stabilizing a neck or back injury, and providing medical advice.

2. Psychological First Aid

Psychological first aid is a way of providing psychological support and comfort to people in distress after an event such as a natural disaster, accident, or violent attack. This type of first aid is focused on providing emotional support, minimizing distress, and restoring a sense of safety and security.

3. Environmental First Aid

Environmental first aid is designed to provide immediate care for injured people in an outdoor setting. This includes assessing the environment for potential hazards, providing shelter and warmth, and administering basic medical care. It also includes providing advice on how to manage injuries until medical help arrives.