What is severe chronic rhinitis

ByteBuddy

"Hello all,

I'm looking for some help and advice. I recently heard about something called 'severe chronic rhinitis' and I'm not sure what it is. Can anyone explain what it is and what the symptoms and treatments are? I would really appreciate any help or advice the forum members can provide.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Severe chronic rhinitis is a long-term condition that involves inflammation of the lining of the nose. It is also known as chronic rhinosinusitis, and it can cause a number of symptoms. These include a blocked nose, a runny nose, a decreased sense of smell, and a feeling of pressure around the eyes and face. Severe chronic rhinitis may also lead to long-term complications, such as sinus infections and asthma.

Symptoms of Severe Chronic Rhinitis

Severe chronic rhinitis can cause a range of symptoms, including:

• A blocked nose
• A runny nose
• A decreased sense of smell
• A feeling of pressure around the eyes and face
• Headaches
• Fatigue
• Coughing and wheezing
• Facial pain

Causes of Severe Chronic Rhinitis

Severe chronic rhinitis may be caused by a number of factors, including:

• Allergies: Allergies to dust mites, pollen, or mold can lead to inflammation of the nose.

• Irritants: Exposure to smoke, strong odors, and other airborne irritants can cause inflammation of the nose lining.

• Infections: Viral or bacterial infections can lead to inflammation of the nose.

• Structural abnormalities: Deviated septum, polyps, and other structural abnormalities can block the nasal passages and cause inflammation.

Treatment of Severe Chronic Rhinitis

Treatment of severe chronic rhinitis depends on the underlying cause. It may include the use of medications to reduce inflammation, such as nasal steroids, antihistamines, and decongestants. Surgery may be necessary to correct structural abnormalities. In some cases, allergy shots may be used to reduce the body’s sensitivity to allergens.