What is rhinitis triggered by

CuriousCat

I'm looking for some help understanding what causes rhinitis. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of what might trigger it? I've heard of environmental triggers, but I'm not sure if those are the only causes. Are there any other potential triggers that I should be aware of? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Rhinitis is an inflammation of the nasal passages that can be triggered by various irritants and allergens. Common causes of rhinitis include:

Environmental Allergens

Environmental allergens such as pollen, mold, dust mites, and pet dander can trigger an allergic reaction in the body. This can lead to inflammation of the nose and nasal passages, which can cause rhinitis.

Irritants

Certain irritants such as smoke, perfumes, aerosols, and chemicals can also irritate the nasal passages and trigger rhinitis.

Infections

Infections such as the common cold and the flu can also cause inflammation of the nasal passages, which can trigger rhinitis.

Medications

Certain medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and ACE inhibitors can also trigger rhinitis.