What is rhinitis that never goes away

ByteBuddy

I'm looking for help understanding what rhinitis is that never goes away. I've been dealing with this condition for some time now and I'm having a hard time finding out anything concrete. I'm curious to know if anyone else has had experience with this kind of rhinitis and what treatments have been successful. I'd also love to hear any advice or tips people have on managing this condition.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Rhinitis is a condition that affects the nose and sinuses and is characterized by inflammation, sneezing, and a runny nose. It can be caused by allergies, environmental factors, or infections, and can range from mild to severe. Unfortunately, there are cases where rhinitis can become chronic and never seem to go away.

Symptoms of Chronic Rhinitis

When rhinitis becomes chronic, it can cause a variety of symptoms that can be difficult to manage. These symptoms can include:

• Congestion

• Runny nose

• Postnasal drip

• Itchy, watery eyes

• Coughing or wheezing

• Headache

• Loss of smell or taste

• Fatigue

• Difficulty sleeping

Causes of Chronic Rhinitis

Chronic rhinitis can be caused by a variety of factors, including:

• Allergies – Allergies to pollen, dust, mold, pet dander, and other allergens can cause chronic rhinitis.

• Environmental factors – Exposure to dust, smoke, and other irritants in the air can cause chronic rhinitis.

• Structural issues – Abnormalities in the nose or sinuses can cause chronic rhinitis.

• Medications – Certain medications, such as decongestants and antihistamines, can cause chronic rhinitis.

• Infections – Bacterial or viral infections can cause chronic rhinitis.

Treatment for Chronic Rhinitis

Treatment for chronic rhinitis will depend on the underlying cause. If allergies are the cause, then an allergist may be able to help you manage your symptoms with medications. If the cause is environmental, then avoiding exposure to the allergen or irritant can help. If structural issues are the cause, then surgery may be needed. And if infections are the cause, then antibiotics may be prescribed.

In addition to treating the underlying cause, there are also treatments that can be used to manage the symptoms of chronic rhinitis. These include topical nasal sprays, antihistamines, decongestants, nasal corticosteroids, and immunotherapy.