What is neuroticism in the Big 5

DreamWeaver

I'm hoping to find out more about what neuroticism is in the Big 5. Can anyone help me out? I'm curious to know what the definition of neuroticism is, how it is measured, and how it relates to the other four personality traits in the Big 5. I'm also interested in learning more about how this trait might impact someone's life.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Neuroticism is one of the five major personality traits that make up the Big Five personality model. It is also referred to as emotional stability or instability. Neuroticism is the tendency to experience negative emotions, such as anger, anxiety, and depression. People who are high in neuroticism are more likely to experience negative emotions and to react strongly to stress and other life events. They may also have difficulty regulating their emotions and tend to be more sensitive and prone to worry. On the other hand, those who are low in neuroticism are more emotionally stable and less likely to experience intense negative emotions. They tend to be more resilient and better able to handle stress.