What is microcalcification cancer

CuriousCat

"Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I am looking for some help and advice. I recently heard about something called Microcalcification Cancer and I am not sure what it is or how it affects people. Could someone please explain to me what Microcalcification Cancer is and any potential risks associated with it? I would really appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Microcalcification cancer is a type of breast cancer that is characterized by the formation of tiny calcium deposits in the tissue of the breast. These deposits, which are typically too small to be detected during a routine mammogram, can eventually cause an area of increased density in the breast, which can be seen on a mammogram. Microcalcification cancer is often an early sign of breast cancer and can be a precursor to more aggressive forms of the disease.

Types of Microcalcification Cancer

There are two types of microcalcification cancer: ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) and lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS). DCIS is the most common form of microcalcification cancer. It is a non-invasive form of breast cancer that is confined to the milk ducts of the breast and does not spread outside of the breast. LCIS is a rarer form of microcalcification cancer that is confined to the lobules of the breast, which are the glands that produce milk.

Diagnosing Microcalcification Cancer

Microcalcification cancer is usually discovered through a mammogram. Mammograms are X-ray images of the breast that can detect the small calcium deposits associated with microcalcification cancer. In some cases, a biopsy or other imaging tests may be needed to confirm the diagnosis.

Treatment for Microcalcification Cancer

The treatment for microcalcification cancer depends on the type and severity of the cancer. In some cases, the cancer can be treated with radiation therapy or surgery to remove the affected area. In more advanced cases, chemotherapy or hormone therapy may be needed.