What is it called when your heart stops while sleeping

strawberry

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help with a medical issue. I heard that there is a condition where your heart can stop while you're sleeping. Does anyone know what this might be called? Is it something serious? Can it be treated?

I'm really concerned about this and would love to hear some advice from anyone who might have knowledge about this condition.

Thanks so much for your help.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The condition that is referred to when your heart stops while sleeping is called Sleep Apnea. Sleep Apnea is a sleep disorder that causes pauses in breathing or shallow breaths while sleeping. It can occur in both adults and children and can have serious health consequences. It is estimated that up to 18 million Americans suffer from Sleep Apnea. Symptoms of Sleep Apnea include loud snoring, excessive daytime sleepiness, and waking up frequently during the night. Treatment for Sleep Apnea usually involves lifestyle changes such as weight loss and avoiding alcohol, as well as the use of a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine. In some cases, surgery may be recommended.