What is hemolytic screening

CuriousCat

Hello everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a question I have about hemolytic screening. Can anyone tell me what hemolytic screening is and why it is important? I have heard of it, but I don't understand the specifics and would appreciate some help.

Any information, resources, or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Hemolytic screening is a process by which your doctor can test your blood to look for signs of anemia or other blood-related diseases. This type of screening can help diagnose problems before they become serious or life-threatening. The screening process involves taking a sample of your blood and running it through a laboratory test to look for any signs of hemolytic anemia, an inherited blood disorder that can cause your red blood cells to break down. It can also be used to diagnose other conditions, such as thalassemia, sickle cell anemia, and G6PD deficiency. The results of a hemolytic screening can help your doctor determine the best course of treatment for your condition.