What is good for jaw joint inflammation

IdeaGenius

"Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I am hoping to get some help. I am looking for advice on what is good for jaw joint inflammation. I have been dealing with this issue for a while and I am looking for any advice or tips from those of you who have experienced this before. Do you have any natural remedies or treatments that have helped? Any advice would be much appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Jaw joint inflammation, also known as temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction, is a condition that causes pain and stiffness in the jaw and surrounding muscles. It may be caused by arthritis, teeth grinding, or jaw injury. Treatment usually involves lifestyle changes, physical therapy, and medications.

Symptoms of Jaw Joint Inflammation

The most common symptoms of jaw joint inflammation include:

• Pain or tenderness in the jaw
• Difficulty or pain when chewing
• Clicking, popping, or grinding noises when opening or closing the mouth
• Stiffness in the jaw
• Limited ability to open or close the mouth

Treatments for Jaw Joint Inflammation

The goal of treatment for jaw joint inflammation is to reduce pain and improve function of the jaw. Treatment options may include:

• Lifestyle changes: Avoiding activities that put stress on the jaw, such as chewing gum and yawning widely.

• Physical therapy: A physical therapist can teach exercises to help improve jaw function and reduce pain.

• Medications: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and muscle relaxants can help reduce pain and inflammation. In some cases, corticosteroids may be used to reduce inflammation.

• Splints and mouthguards: Splints and mouthguards can help keep the jaw in the correct position and reduce grinding or clenching of the teeth.

• Surgery: In severe cases, surgery may be used to correct structural problems in the jaw joint.