What is causing my rhinitis

CuriousCat

I'm having a really hard time with my rhinitis and I'm looking for help. I'm not sure what is causing it and I'm hoping to find some answers. Does anyone here have any advice? I've been sneezing a lot lately and my nose has been really stuffy, so I'm wondering if it's allergies or something else. I feel like I'm constantly fighting it and that it's really affecting my life.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Rhinitis is a condition in which the lining of the nose becomes inflamed and irritated, causing nasal congestion, sneezing, and a runny or stuffy nose. It can be caused by a variety of triggers, including allergens, irritants, and underlying medical conditions. Understanding what is causing your rhinitis can help you find the best treatment.

Allergens

Allergens are the most common cause of rhinitis. Common allergens include pollen, dust mites, animal dander, mold, and certain foods. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal (hay fever) or perennial (year-round). Symptoms may include itchy eyes, watery eyes, sneezing, and a runny or stuffy nose.

Irritants

Irritants such as cigarette smoke, air pollution, and strong odors can also cause rhinitis. These irritants can cause inflammation and irritation of the lining of the nose, leading to nasal congestion, sneezing, and a runny or stuffy nose.

Medical Conditions

Medical conditions such as nasal polyps, sinus infections, and hormonal changes can also cause rhinitis. These conditions can cause inflammation and irritation of the lining of the nose, leading to nasal congestion, sneezing, and a runny or stuffy nose.

If you think you may have rhinitis, it is important to seek medical advice. Your doctor can help you identify the cause of your rhinitis and find the best treatment.